Monday, August 29, 2016

Quickie Review: Cellar by Karen E. Taylor

CELLARCELLAR by Karen E. Taylor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Cellar is a good haunted house story. Karen E. Taylor makes you want to know what's going to happen next to the poor Laura character who is a recovering valium addict and alcoholic. And despite her most human foibles, Laura is still a likable character. From the time she moved into the house, the basement always spooked her. She spent as little time down there as possible. But, for some reason, things get worse. It gradually becomes clear that she is not really living alone in the house. And her housemate isn't of the friendly variety.

I could kind of see where the story was headed, but there was enough up in the air to keep me reading. I really give this 3.5 stars out of 5. I liked it. It moved along well and quickly. Laura experiences character development. My only complaint was a little with the epilog. I felt it really didn't need it. It didn't need to have all the ends tied up in a bow. And I had a little trouble suspending my disbelief as to how the characters were acting in the epilog. Still, overall it's a good story. And if you like haunted house stories, you will most likely enjoy this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment